Hyperpress Technology is a technology used for the production of chemically bonded bricks without heat processing or autoclaving. This innovative process involves the use of high-pressure compaction, along with binding materials such as Portland cement, to create bricks from crushed stone waste.
The raw materials for Hyperpress Technology typically consist of stone waste from sedimentary rocks such as shell rock, dolomite, travertine, marble, and industrial waste (fly ash, coal slag, metallurgical slag, etc.). These materials make up around 90% of the total raw material used in the process, with cement and water making up the remaining 10%.
Unlike traditional ceramic bricks, clay is not used in Hyperpress Technology, and the formed brick is not dried or burned. This makes the process more sustainable and eco-friendly, as it does not require high temperatures or fossil fuels for production.
In comparison to autoclaved sand-lime technology, Hyperpress Technology does not require expensive autoclaves and raw materials usually do not include sand and quicklime. This makes the technology more cost-effective and accessible for small to medium-sized brick manufacturers.
Overall, Hyperpress Technology offers a promising alternative to traditional brick manufacturing methods, with the potential to significantly reduce the environmental impact of the industry. By utilizing stone waste and reducing the need for high-temperature kilns, Hyperpress Technology can help to lower greenhouse gas emissions, reduce energy consumption, and promote a more sustainable future for the building materials industry.